Berkeley Pre-College Scholars: Summer Residential Program Checklist
Before You Apply
- Carefully read the program website. Pay special attention to the Eligibility, Deadlines, Fees, Refund Policy, and Academic Policies sections
- Talk to your parents about participating in the program
- Research the courses from the Class Schedule (five-digit Class# from the description is needed to enroll) and the Pre-College Scholar Electives schedule
- Read through the personal insight questions and prepare your answers prior to starting your application. Be prepared to copy and paste them into your application
- Read the information regarding the English Language Proficiency Requirement if applicable to you
- Read the section on Visa Information
- Application opens on Monday, February 3, 2020, at 9:00 AM PST
- Upload official or unofficial transcript from your high school, be sure to include an official translation of your transcript if it is in a language other than English. Must include information for at least one full academic year
- Copy and paste your answers to the personal insight questions
- Upload Waiver of Liability & Authorization Form
- Upload Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment Form
- Upload Consent to Release Student Information Form
- Upload Student Code of Conduct & Agreement Form
- Upload Storage and Administration of Medications Form
After You Apply
Applications are reviewed as they are received. All applicants must submit a completed application before they are considered for participation in the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the application and admission process.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive email notification of a change in your application status. When you log in to the application system, you should see your offer of admission to the Pre-College Scholars Residential Program. You are required to confirm your admission to the program within 48 hours of the notification being sent to you. After you accept your offer of admission for the program, you will have 48 hours to complete and submit the Course Enrollment Request Form. You will be enrolled in courses based on this form as long as there are no scheduling conflicts, and the courses are available. Please note your course selections may take some time to process, and the Course Enrollment Request Form will be the only time you can make a change to your selected session (C or D).
Once you confirm your admission, you will have seven calendar days to pay all program fees in full.
Pre-College Scholars are not permitted to enroll in online courses or courses offered outside of session C and D.
Pre-College Scholars may enroll in courses that are numbered between 1 and 99 (undergraduate, lower division), after making sure that all course prerequisites have been met. This information can be found in the catalog description of the course in the Berkeley Academic Guide. Pre-College Scholars will not be permitted to enroll in upper-division coursework under any circumstances.
Cancellation Deadline: Friday, April 10, 2020
All fees will be non-refundable should a student withdraw from the program after this deadline.