Berkeley Pre-College Scholars: Summer Commuter Program Checklist
Before You Apply:
1. Carefully read the Berkeley Pre-College Scholars: Summer Commuter Program page. Pay special attention to the Eligibility, Deadlines, Fees, Refund Policy, and Academic Policies sections as well as all the dates and deadlines governing the program.
2. Talk to your parents about participating in the program.
3. Request an official or unofficial transcript from your high school.
4. Review the courses that are numbered between 1 and 99 (undergraduate, lower division) in Sessions C and/or D on the Course Schedule.
5. Note the Course Number (5-digit number associated with each course) and the number of units for the courses you would like to take.
6. Pick back-up classes in case the ones you want are full.
7. Complete your personal insight questions. (See Application Tab for more details).
8. Sign and review all the following documents:
Release of Authorization for Emergency Treatment form
Code of Conduct form
Consent to Release Student Information form
Waiver of Liability and Authorization form
If staying with relatives in the local Bay area, you must upload a signed Participants Staying with Relatives form
9. Application opens on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, at 9:00 AM PST
Application opens February 18, 2020.
After You Apply:
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an email notification of a change in your application status. If accepted into the program, you will receive another email communication with instructions to set up your CalNet ID and passphrase following your admission offer. When you create your CalNet ID and passphrase, you will be able to log in to the CalCentral system and enroll in courses. Keep in mind that the program fees must be paid in full in CalCentral within seven days after enrolling in classes, or you will be dropped from your classes. If you get dropped, there are no guarantees that you will be able to get back into the class especially if there is a waitlist or no seats left. To pay the program fee, you can use an e-Check, credit card, or Foreign Funds. Please plan accordingly to accommodate payment processing times, which can take several business days. If you encounter any issues with receiving your CalNet information, please contact email@example.com.
For additional information on payment, visit our Student & Billing Services webpage.